A great opportunity to get everything you need to know as a new shooter or gun owner. The firearms course is designed for women that have never touched a weapon and those looking to improve their fundamentals and for those with experience looking to improve their skill at arms. Women who attend this Steiner Academy of Firearms Training course will be more comfortable around firearms, and knowledgeable about safe operation, maintenance, handling, and marksmanship. Subject matter for the firearms classes will change from month to month and be tailored to the attendees. Regular attendees will learn multiple firearm platforms (pistol, rifle, shotgun) over time, the main focus will be pistols but other platforms will be covered to broaden the skill at arms of Ballistic Betties Members.
The focus will be on safety at all times: safe pick-up, holding, handing off, loading/unloading, malfunction clearance, and storage. There will be a variety of guns available to help discern preference. While bringing your firearm is encouraged, firearm ownership is not required for this class. Rentals are limited, Reserve through Inner 10 Weapons and training.
Attendees should bring:
- Eye and ear protection (wrap-around eye-protection)
- Shoes appropriate for athletic movement, closed toe
- Shirt with at least a crew-neck or collar to avoid hot brass encounters
- Semi-automatic or revolver handgun
- 1 (+) Spare magazines
- Ammo 100 rounds for your personal firearm
- All ammo and gun rentals can be purchased the day of class at Inner 10 Weapons and Training